Thursday 20 August 2015

Oringen Afterthoughts

After a number of bad races, and a mediocre one, the last event; the chase turned out to be my best result. Although people used different tactics for this race, such as taking the first controls very quickly in order to catch up to the person ahead of them in order to use them throughout the rest of the course, I was isolated as I started 2nd last in my age category. By the 4th control I had  passed 20 people, and so there was nobody around my skill level whom I could use. This also meant that I wasn't being distracted by anyone else in the forest, which might have been in my favor because I was able to have a stellar race where I made nearly no mistakes.

The only misfortune I had was near the end when a massive elephant trail that was naturally unmarked on the map, disoriented me and caused me to lose a minute as I ended up in the re-entrant just to the left of the correct one. Ultimately I came in with the 12th fastest time in my age category. This was the best race of the whole week for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment