Tuesday 21 July 2015

O-Ringen Stage 1

My first race at O-Ringen for me went terribly. I had a good start catching the guy ahead of me on the first control, then catching the guy ahead of him on the next one. I lost a bit of time on three due to an imperfect plan. To 4 I did not solidify my plan enough and blew it right after the big hill by not navigating and just running towards a big marsh through a complicated section with my bearing. Then I saw a hunters stand and thought it was an X on the map, and so I changed my direction from there, and began running parrallel to the complicated section making it nearly impossible to regain contact with the map. From there I continued running making up where I was on the map until I found a really big open hill, spent a minute looking for it on the map, nad finally climbed up it and found where I was. Then I crossed through about 300m of crappy marsh to get to my control. On that leg I lost 15-20 min and therefore gave up and jogged the rest, as with such a massive mistake there wasn't any more point in racing anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment