Friday 12 June 2015

First Race in Norway

     After competing in a seemingly long stay-awake-athlon, which took me across the Atlantic Ocean, to Frankfurt, where after another four hours I was able to get on my final flight to Oslo where I was picked up by a local friend, Lars, from the train station that Matej and I came to. Shortly afterwards, it was confirmed that there was a race to which we could go to, as I had originally thought that it was a training, leading to the conclusion that I would be going. The race was a sprint race, not to difficult trap wise, but hard enough to give me a slight headache as to which route choice was faster on some of the legs.




     My warm up was more dynamically / stretching orientated vs running a lot due to me feeling quite tired and not wanting to exhaust myself during the warm up too much. When the race started I began running to the start triangle, which I didn't know exactly where it was, along with the fact that the north lines are not so evident, leading me to have my map disoriented. I had to stop at the beginning to find out where I was in order to know which direction the building was around which I was about to execute my plan. here I lost a massive 14 seconds, which accounted for a majority of the time that I had lost in comparison to others. I also had to remember that here in Europe you need to push yourself if you want to do good, as you won't get away with just a good run.

    Anyways back to route choices, to number one I went right around the building, shaving off the corners of the clearings to make my line as direct as possible, before I hung a right around the second building towards the tree. I was able to punch all of the controls surprisingly well, with emit as it is not that hard to operate. Next to 2 I wanted to keep it as simple as possible so I came out left from 1 around the fence, then entered through the gate heading across to the right side of the building and turning in at the corner. Somewhere before I punched, I saw the gap in the fence on the left, therefore making me take the left route choice to 3, which was faster then going right.

     On the way I planned out 4, and decided to come back the way that I came because it was easiest. The other option would have been snaking between the buildings, which might have been faster. 6 and 7 were easy. 8 was tricky, and planning ahead I couldn't decide which one was faster, therefore I ended up going with left. After the race someone said that it was at least seven seconds faster. To 9 I went right. To 10 I intended to go from the left but exited 9 from in the wrong direction, due to the control surprising me, concluding me to run it from the right. To 11 it may have been slightly faster going from the left, I went from the right. I don't believe that there was a big difference. 12 and 13 were obvious. To 14 it might have been faster from the left, but the running was easier from the right so I went right. To 15 I came back the way that I came in from, and then 16 was obvious. To 17 I ran around the right side of the second building. And that concludes my race. I had a strong finish. Otherwise I had a good race and I was just running too slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment