Friday 12 June 2015

Fossum

      On Thursday I had another experience of the vast possibilities  of orienteering trainings here in Norway. The first training that I ran was a race that had occurred roughly two weeks ago, on a ski slope with an extremely steep finish at the end. The beginning of the course was decently, easy, or so I think because it was difficult for me to confirm that I was actually at the right spot, due to the lack of flags at every station. One of the last controls had a sort of optically elusive route choice which I failed to take, and saddened me to think that I hadn't noticed it.



     The next day, I slept in and then got out on the next map, Stein Nord,  which was relatively close to the house, and extends for many kilometers behind the Fossum clubhouse in conjunction with other maps. I jogged a portion of the distance and walked the rest. After a big hill to the start, I began running and my impression of the terrain was that it was quite friendly, with many point features and soggy, obvious marshes it was easy to make plans and execute them.



No comments:

Post a Comment